Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Farthington's Voicemail: link to link to Lincoln

A treasure trove of Carlton Farthington's voicemails has recently been made available to the blog.  At the request of researchers, enthusiasts, law enforcement agencies, and other followers of the project, voice-to-text transcriptions have been published as-is rather than edited for sense.  We hope that this will better capture the texture of the spoken word, rendering it more accessible and/or flexible for the diverse purposes of our audience. 



3/15/14 10:49 PM 6 days ago

Art:
So if you had. I got cut off again and I guess what i was just saying in class a little bit but I might say this is that You know if you were to come at that. The but the book form there going all over the place you know go on from a link to link to Lincoln go creating a non fiction, text. That is not gonna necessarily move in the same direction for every reader out that text if we look at the you know if you think of that first link above. The first page This is definitely not been on the same direction So we're pretty comfortable with that on the non fiction level. I think the That's probably one of the things that we're talking about in terms of What are some of the aesthetics, and whole wed X that are inherent to this is Shawna You know that it's not just you know a place to put all the old stuff. You know I'm just another place the host, the texts that we've already been writing You know that's not the that's not what it's about the but it's more than that and and see the aesthetics in the politics of it needs to be explored. That seems to be pretty important aspect of. I mean, I don't pick up the first person ever say that obviously so that That's interesting, to me. That seems authentic. It seems to the following, this medium where wants to go and in allowing it to you know have its own have its own approach. So, I think that is one of the things that I am, struggling with here is is that as I go through this process it on one level you can look at this process is the process of someone who. It is very slow at producing anything You know, I mean, that's. One interpretation of the entire thing is, is that I'm just kinda trying to string people long. All of that because I know that it takes so long for me to produce a product, that You know, need to keep. I'm interested in some way. That's one interpretation. I think the other interpretation of the days that This is something about the shomer this is something about. The Frame. But the stage, that that the internet. Provides and and You know, even back when we were pretty much is producing music. We were all ready exploring some of the aspects of that Friday.

No comments: