Sunday, March 2, 2014

Why Would I Bow To His Majesty? (song fragment)

The following is one of a series of song fragments Arthur seemed to be working on in the days and weeks leading up to the Concert for Iceland.  Recorded in a variety of formats and locations, these tracks will be released as they become available.



Chords:
  • Intro/Chorus: Am7, Gm7, C, F#m7(b5), G/C, G, A/C, C7, Csus4
  • Verse: Amaj7, Fmaj7, Gmaj7; Amaj7, Gmaj7, Gm7, Fmaj7, A; Amaj7, Gmaj7, Csus4, C, G 

Words (Chorus):

Why would I bow to his majesty
When time after time
We just knew that there had to be
A sovereign of our own
To mount up to the throne
And isn't it time that I questioned?
I've begun to wonder why

Would I bow to his majesty?
Ain't nobody gonna take my place,
Take away my own tragedy:
A sovereign of our own
Will mount up to the throne
And isn't it time that I questioned?
I've begun to wonder why...

No comments: