Sunday, March 30, 2014

Farthington's Voicemail: just voice Sings the Blues

A treasure trove of Carlton Farthington's voicemails has recently been made available to the blog.  At the request of researchers, enthusiasts, law enforcement agencies, and other followers of the project, voice-to-text transcriptions have been published as-is rather than edited for sense.  We hope that this will better capture the texture of the spoken word, rendering it more accessible and/or flexible for the diverse purposes of our audience



3/15/14 10:30 PM 5 days ago

Art:
Just walk around 12 midnight here something like that got a little one here and we'll go to sleep so. Just thinking out loud a little bit about this. Concert for. I saw and soul blog idea you know or we've spinning our wheels. We getting things done there moving in the right direction. And I don't know, what the answer to that question You know, at least done a certain level, seems like we're wasting time. I'm wasting time that. But You know, I think. At the very least one of the things that I'm trying to fight off at this point is, forgetting seems like But these songs cords You know just voice Sings the Blues court simple Ericsson. So on and so forth, is one of the things that I want to, commit to memory and my memory, does not serve so to commit these to memory sets eat. The flow at the socks. Even, the look of. My fingers. You know it's configuration set on the keyboard and on the guitar, course being able to write music with help a lot with. With that, but it's too late for that. And to have a permanent record. You know if so. That's the thought process at this point. In the meantime, lots of other things. Obviously, getting recorded some of which may be interesting. Some of which. Maybe not, but You know, I guess one of the things that I think of. It's just how much gets lost. In any process. I think that was one of the for the more startling revelations about. The May 30th show. Liz just I mean it was. It is pretty good and in many ways and very happy with the way that turned out I think you know, but I just can't help feeling a little bit especially since we never performed any of that material. Again, that It was A little under well, maybe. So.

No comments: