Wednesday, December 9, 2015

What the Lord Hath Made Crooked (Part 8 of 10)

The following is a series of attached photos sent from Liza to the group. As usual, we publish typed excerpts of these illuminated texts along with the original photo. The best way is to read the text, of course, is to to experience it in its illuminated form.



Why am I sharing this experience with you?

For a variety of reasons. Primarily, though I began this sketch with the intention of reaching concision within my first letter and sending it off to you in sketch-like summation, I continued this sketch with the intention of repeating this exercise with my following classes of the day. And I did. And the results were beyond fascinating and enlightening and enlivening. I believe the will shed a beaming ray of light on the Instagram message thread. Someday soon here.

Over 24 hours later, and I'm still mulling over the said, the unsaid, and the crooked line of inquiry we were collectively left with, none of which could be straightened with clarity.

And I ended my day just as it began: with a vivid memory made clearer only through its pixelation.

Afterall,
answer me this,
Who can make straight what the Lord hath made crooked?

So much for concision,

Liza
September sixteenth,
two thousand and fifteen

No comments: