Saturday, December 26, 2015

Antonin Scalia

The following is an email exchange that occurred between Art, Will, Allison, and the group on 14 September 2015.

Antonin Scalia
Art:
Wow, I was actually contemplating the End of Arthur White what with the insanity of the new year and foreseeable future. So fascinating that whenever I've seriously contemplated that something like this happens. Yes, go for it, by all means. Will, I assume you can coordinate that as it develops, right?
Will:
Sure thing..I'll arrange interviews when necessary. Times two on the school year! It's taking a while to get my feet on the ground! I'm sure Liza's struggles are more impressive than ours, and that Allison's potentially lead to higher pay, which makes them more attractive!
I am currently without a school-issued computer, but the recording is a high priority in my life. I'm just dreaming about it more than working on it. For an INTP, dreaming is work. 
Nick is one of Joe's best friends. It's funny how the hole Joe left keeps sucking new people in, and what forms they take, like the clone of Joe Lazarus or the mystery Boston journalist.
Allison:
Indeed, the potential for higher pay makes my struggles incredibly more satisfying. I am keeping up with your emails—though my thoughts are usually full of language that is beyond comprehension for our art. It seems like Farthington writes most law school texts: manifestations of mutual assent? appearance of agency? traditional notions of justice and fair play? antonin scalia? 
I commend all the music making, and think that sharing the process through the blog is such a generous exposure to a process that is usually so full of self-deprecation, or at least, it would be if it be analogously paired with writing. As a person who has zero musical inclination aside from listening to and appreciating a wide variety of music, I hope my lack of contributions recently have allowed the more musical and less philosophical aspects of our art to flourish. 
Balance is something foreign to me except when I'm dancing. 
Law school is treating me justly. There's lots of free food to make up for the pain.
Will:
Free food?!  Nobody told me about the free food when I was picking careers!

No comments: