Thursday, June 11, 2015

Farthington's Voicemail: Signs of my mind

A treasure trove of Carlton Farthington's voicemails has been made available to the blog.  At the request of researchers, enthusiasts, law enforcement agencies, and other followers of the project, voice-to-text transcriptions have been published as-is rather than edited for sense.  We hope that this will better capture the texture of the spoken word, rendering it more accessible and/or flexible for the diverse purposes of our audience.

4/17/15 3:17 PM 7 weeks ago
Hello just wanted to talk a little bit about some of the things that are coming up. Now that we have so many people that involves kinesthetic that so many people, but we've gone so One, and that was just kind of an account. Signs of my mind and then two with Will and me and and then finally, with these two others. Alison and Liza, and some of what is happening. As a result of that. I think one of the main metaphors that we've had previously to this electronic metaphors that are imposed on us by the media that we choose. The done. The threats It's that you get an email or I was more specifically, gmail. And and having that threaded discussion. The has been some up man. It's Paul. I think just between well and I am. And now we're opening it up 2 lives. And And I was in and it and it's cable and we all the actually, i think it's not so much and we'll be in its use. Or or any other way that it's That kind of happening. But it's just like in thinking about it in and and imagining that you know someone is composed and something in And I know, cool. My responding to. Who am I sending this to go and my replying to who it is carbon copied who is blind copied on the palesta blind copied yet, but I mean, there are some options here. In terms of who is being addressed at any given point. It'd is in addition to having that metaphor this case read it also has a metaphor of the Stream now which is one of the metaphors, they obviously U C S to the social media. You Know ideas going past and ideas, better now. I was returned. Trying to replied to something that's already been said and then you know some other people said things before you and the idea is kind of moved on. Moved downstream. And then you have something to say that it's probably not entirely relevant, hey anymore. And so mixing these two metaphors the sporadic and the stream Because, has complicated matters, somewhat. But I'm not saying in necessarily a horrible way. I mean it was some of our bumping up against. Our at the constraints that are part and parcel about the program or at the project. Rather, is trying to point out. And so I just wanted to start talking about that and bring that up. And consider that. So gonna talk about a couple other things Boy next couple calls about some.

No comments: