Saturday, November 29, 2014

Basement Songs: You Took Away My Children

The purpose of Basement Songs is to allow our fans to play and sing along with Arthur's Concert for Iceland songs. We encourage you to send any recordings of your own renditions to carltonfarthington@gmail.com or share them with us (and the world!) through social media. Who knows, maybe one you could be up on stage with Arthur White!



GMaj7          C#m7(b5)
Babe, tell me why
               FMaj7
What am I gonna do when you
               B7sus4    B7
You took away my children

F#m7                            B7
I tried not to tried not to let it show
                                      F#m7
Tried to cover my desire
                                          B7
Wondering what made you let me go
                          GMaj7
Someone tell me when

         C#m7(b5)                   FMaj7
Will I find true love, peace sublime
B7sus4        B7         F#m7
Girl, didn't I love you

                                            B7
There's so many things that I can't let go

Girl, can you remember?
F#m7
Stealing kisses after dark
                                     B7
Walking in a winter park... won't you tell me

CHORUS

F#m7
True love, peace sublime
B7
Thinking all the time how I'll make you mine

SOLO (over CHORUS chords)

F#m7                                         B7
Wondering how I'm gone let you know
                                 F#m7
Everything I'm feeling

You said that you were standing up
                                                         B7
To someone who couldn't get enough

GMaj7                    C#m7(b5)
Walking through the rooms
                         FMaj7
Taking me back to
                   B7sus4
Everything I knew
                 B7
Girl, didn't I love you

F#m7                                          B7
And I think that I'm gone have to take my time
                             F#m7
Try to find another
                              B7
Mem'ries flashing in front of my eyes
                                      GMaj7
Yeah

CHORUS

SOLO (over CHORUS chords, then Em7, FMaj7)

No comments: