Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Basement Songs: Message of Love

The purpose of Basement Songs is to allow our fans to play and sing along with Arthur's Concert for Iceland songs. We encourage you to send any recordings of your own renditions to carltonfarthington@gmail.com or share them with us (and the world!) through social media. Who knows, maybe one you could be up on stage with Arthur White!



C                     Dm   Em
You know it’s true
                            F            Em               Dm
You love me and I’m just in love with you
C                                      Gm                  Dm Fm Gm
Let me tell you ‘bout the way I love you
C                               Gm                  Dm Fm Gm
Never gonna put anyone above you
C                                         Gm                     Dm Fm Gm
When I’m with you all my troubles go away
C                                       Gm                         Dm Fm Gm
I’m on my knees and I’m begging you to stay
C                Dm     Em
If you only knew
                     F                          Em       Dm
Everything I weathered just to be with you
C                        Gm                  Dm Fm Gm
‘Cause baby we tried to make it
C                    Gm                          Dm     Fm          Gm
But I’d rather die than break it off  (I’ve made my mind up)
C                  Gm                   Dm             Fm Gm
Don’t you believe me when I say to you
C                     Gm                Dm
Never wanted you to think I hated you
                     Fm                      Gm    C
‘Cause your love means everything
     Dm Em F
To me
                               C   Dm
More than you can see
                   F                        Em           Dm
But baby at first glance you might not know
The loving I’m trying to show you
Take another look and you’ll know
Then tell me if babe can you hear my message of love
And understand where I’m coming from
I’ll be there when it comes to push and shove
(Vamp and fade; solo switches from F, Em, Dm to G, F, Em a little ways in)

No comments: