Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Cartography of the Mind (Part 8 of 17)

The following are excerpts of an illuminated book sent from Liza to the group. As usual, we publish typed excerpts of these along with the original photo. The best way is to read the text, of course, is to to experience it in its illuminated form.


When I'm with the one I love,
even crouched in a dark, hostile cave
I feel like I am not of this world.
                                                 - Rumi

Speaking of worlds, I've a few ideas for character development and narrative within Arthur's Sweet World. But first! Some questions...turn page for said questions. I'm feeling claustrophobic on this one. Onward.

Barthes like "to write beginnings" and multiplied this pleasure by writing books of fragments repeated beginnings: he also liked pre-beginnings: "introductions, sketches," ideas for projected books, books he planned one day to write. So when Nathalie Léger describes it as "the hypothesis of a book desired by him" she is accurate in that it was neither finished nor intended for publication.
- excerpted from Cameras are Clocks for Seeing by Geoff Dyer, The Believer

No comments: