Friday, August 7, 2015

Quicken Ye Loa(dsto)n(e)s While Ye May, Mr. Gilber

The following is an excerpt of a 23 June 2015 exchange between Art, Liza, and the group.

I remember
Those are pearls that were his eyes.
"Are you alive, or not? Is there nothing in your head?"

Quicken Ye Loa(dsto)n(e)s While Ye May, Mr. Gilber by Liza Polaskey

Art:
I'm wondering if the thousands of blog views on July 20 is a fluke and not Dan Gilbert's henchmen and web crawlers. 
Liza, are you in trouble with this guy? Are we in trouble with this guy? 
You said you were going to explain what the deal was with him and his "anti-democratic bullies." Given that probably half our readership is rabid Spartans who probably would like to believe in their richest, most powerful alumnus of all time, we should be ready to state our case, which I know little or nothing about. Of course, Gilbert's devotion to Cleveland and Draymond Green being a Golden State Warrior probably complicates the matter somewhat. 
Still, I'm wondering if we've triggered something like the Tulpa Theory here and, if so, are you and your sisters ready with your bows and arrows?
Liza:
Interesting. I may be mostly silent in the days preceding Saturday on account of an intensive Detroit Public Library commission, but I'll ponder the above as I work this evening. I'll also set aside some time to (way belatedly) scan my handwritten response to a foregone thread that slightly touches on Gilbert's personification of anti-democratic tendencies. If I've not sent it by 11 this evening, feel free to badger me and remind me of my promise. When I'm working in the flow, my temporal experience is greatly distorted and I lose grips on most everything else (including but by no means limited to: promises, time, space, basic human necessities and interactions). A simple, "Yoo-hoo, Liza, come back to earth..." shall probably suffice.  
I use personify in place of another word as I'm fairly convinced Gilbert is not a real human, but rather some sort of evolved virtual embryo with an advanced sensory connection to our reality. Somewhere along the way, however, he lost all contact to this reality due mostly in part to his immersive business model. His representation therefore not only precedes his reality, but it also produces his reality. Dun dun duuuun! 
Welcome to the third order of simulation, Detroit.  
Coming soon to a city near you...

No comments: