Saturday, August 15, 2015

Bait on the Hook

The following is an email sent from Art to Liza and the group on 26 July 2015.

Detail from Quicken Ye Loa(dsto)n(e)s While Ye May, Mr. Gilber by Liza Polaskey

Quick(en) comment due to shortage of time.

I wanted to reiterate the awesomeness of this drawing by the way. I am continuing to work through it and it involves a lot of documentary watching.

I want this tshirt!!!

I love this guy's posts!!!

so my friend don gilber got his team in the basketball championship so i just wanna say good luck to lejohn jame and i hope he bring don gilber a trophy or your fired
Posted by Underachieving Detroit Hipster Guy on Sunday, June 7, 2015


I love all your suggestions for movies. I've worked through most of Kate Levy's videos, especially the shocking "Gilbertville." Just looking at some preview materials for The Institute and The Eraserhead Stories, I can see how they are required viewing for the project.

And I appreciate your heartening words (riffing off David Lynch's concept that "unrelated thoughts" are our bait on the hook): "the more we dangle, the greater the likelihood we have a catching a HUGE fish."

And of course the drawing!

I have so many other thoughts which will eventually be forthcoming, but thanks for this, tomodachi.

No comments: