Friday, December 12, 2014

Basement Songs: Iceland

The purpose of Basement Songs is to allow our fans to play and sing along with Arthur's Concert for Iceland songs. We encourage you to send any recordings of your own renditions to carltonfarthington@gmail.com or share them with us (and the world!) through social media. Who knows, maybe one you could be up on stage with Arthur White!



DMaj7                AMaj7
Iceland, you are melting in the teardrops of an ocean
DMaj7       AMaj7
Volcanic eruptions throwing up their rocks and lave
Am7                 GMaj7    
How can I just stand here in my monogrammed pajamas
FMaj7                      GMaj7
While they witness this apocalyptic panorama

Fm7                                    G
(And) through the island's icy floor
        Fm7                    G              F flat5 w5   G   F flat5 w5   G
Spy frozen shapes of dinosaurs

DMaj7                 AMaj7
Lately, I've been breaking up the pavement in my basement
DMaj7                AMaj7
Finding that it's futile to ignore life's pressing questions
Am7                  GMaj7
How can I just sit here with my rocks glass and my slippers
FMaj7                      GMaj7
When we could be peering over the volcano's lip where

Fm7                         G
You would see the reason for
Fm7               G            
My belief in dinosaurs

F flat5 w5                                                                 G
And I'm waiting on the signs to align, tell me will someone
F flat5 w5                                                                             G
Tell me what they gonna find by the light of the midnight sun?

G                         C                Em           D
Why would you want to get out of this place?
                    G         C             Em   D
Would you ever believe it's a dinosaur?
G                  C             Em              D
One thing I wonder is what it will take
          G                 C                D
To remember the feelings we

Thought that maybe we were above

Feelings of failure and of love

Feeling the danger, all alone like a stranger

On a planet that was gathering snow
DMaj7 #11 w5  AMaj7 (2x); Am7, GMaj7, FMaj7, GMaj7
Iceland!

            Fm11
By the light of the streams of lava
            F#m11  Gm13            Am9
Can      we        dream of our home?

No comments: